Guidewire PolicyCenter Integration Developer
Job Type: Hybrid
ROLE SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Guidewire PolicyCenter Integration Developer will be responsible for partnering with technical and business teams and leads to plan, design, develop and release integration solutions with Guidewire PolicyCenter products.
- Working with Technical and Business leads during Guidewire PolicyCenter implementations and actively participating in the requirements review, assessment and high level and detailed sizing of required configuration and technical effort.
- Ensuring technical design and specifications are in line with traceable user-stories / requirements and according to Guidewire and Sompo International development best-practices.
- Leveraging available Guidewire accelerators to accelerate development activities and make reuse of proven architectural patterns, for integrations or product development activities.
- Ensuring that the delivered code is standards-based, G-unit tested and code-reviewed with supporting artifacts and in line with business requirements and technical specifications.
- Develop integration solutions including Batch processes, Message Queues and Event Messaging and Message Queues. Advanced knowledge and experience with XML, JSON and SQL are required.
- Develop integration solutions with internal and external consumers. Leverage Guidewire EDGE APIs or EDGE oriented extended models to build domain-based API solutions that are reusable.
- Experience with creating transactional as well as account and user-management integrations with Guidewire PolicyCenter and external systems. Strong understanding of reconciliation is required.
- Establish and execute traceable unit and integration tests (automated as to be agreed)
- Conducting code / peer reviews and ensuring that unit, integration, end-to-end and smoke tests are conducted following continuous integration and deployment activities. Responsible for gate-checking code prior to higher environment propagations.
- In addition to project implementations, responsible for supporting various life-cycle phases during and post-implementation, including production support and maintenance.
- Strong experience / knowledge of Guidewire integration concepts: Batch Processing, Message Queues and Event Processing
- Demonstrated expertise and experience with Guidewire APIs, Product Designer, GX Model, Integrations and Product Model development (for integration, testing and data migrations) is preferred.
- Strong experience with SQL is required.
- Experience with web service hosting and consuming, using the Guidewire EDGE Layer.
- Strong experience designing/developing Rest APIs or Web Services to expose Guidewire functionality to consumers.
- Experience leading offshore teams is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Commercial P&C insurance is highly preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to navigate through and lead teams to solutioning.
- Experienced with Agile methodology and tooling (TFS, Rally, JIRA, etc.) in a technical owner capacity.
- Experience with source controls tools like GIT, TFS or similar.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (in order of level of need):
- Certification in Guidewire PolicyCenter integration with a strong hands-on experience is required.
- Strong experience and understanding of Guidewire Edge APIs, with experience exposing Guidewire functionality (account, policy, user management, etc.) to external consumers.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience with Guidewire PolicyCenter integration development with an overall 5+ years of experience developing web based Java/J2EE or .Net applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics or related field is strongly preferred.