IT Bureau Monitoring Analyst
Job Type: Hybrid
The IT Bureau Monitoring Analyst (IT BMA) is responsible for monitoring and proactively managing regulatory circulars received daily, from the regulatory and state bureaus/agencies. The IT BMA will serve as part of the IT team and assist the organization with ensuring that regulatory circulars are handled in the proper fashion, using an internally developed SharePoint application.
- Serve as the primary reviewer of regulatory circulars submitted from various bureaus and agencies, including, but not limited to NCCI and ISO transactions (e.g. CA WCIRB, DE Rating Bureau, FL JUA).
- Upload and manage circulars through an in-house SharePoint system.
- Understand the linkage and timing/impact of the circulars (i.e. between the business need and time to develop on the IT side).
- Have familiarity with bureau maintenance processes (e.g. filed circular, followed by approval circular, etc.).
- Collaborate with Product Development, Compliance, Information Technology, Business SMEs, and Bureaus to understand data reporting requirements and specifications as needed.
- Work with various functional areas to understand attributes and requirements for regulatory maintenance needs.
- Potentially use Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) to add requirements to be used by the Development team – to make changes to the impacted policy admin system.
- Partner with internal customers on regulatory alerts to help facilitate changes and ensure compliance.
- Perform other related work as required or requested by management.
- 3 years of experience in the insurance industry (i.e., Policy, Regulatory) preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft products. SharePoint experience preferred (added plus).
- Knowledge of Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance.
- Experience with regulatory circulars submitted from various bureaus and agencies, including, but not limited to NCCI and ISO.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently and with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to manage a range of tasks and initiatives, in an environment with changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills coupled with good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with data analysis and report generation tools.
- College degree preferred (or commensurate industry experience).
- B.A / B.S degree.
- CPCU Designation or advanced degree preferred, but not required.