Senior Network Engineer
Job Type: Hybrid
This individual will provide on-going day to day support for global data network. This role will serve as level 3 support for all network related support tasks and troubleshooting.
- Design, develop and deploy LAN/WAN network infrastructure.
- Responsible for 3rd level troubleshooting for all LAN/WAN alerts and issues.
- Responsible for maintenance of all monitoring and reporting systems.
- Produce and maintain documentation related to all systems developed/deployed.
- Perform on-call duty for non-business hours support as per shift assignments.
- Perform administrative tasks pertaining to time entry and status reporting.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Open for 24×7 availability.
- Conduct technical trainings to internal resources.
- Possess excellent network troubleshooting skills. Must be able to quickly identify and resolve network related issues in smallest possible time.
- Must be able to clearly interact with the customer, understand the requirements and communicate with the offshore team. Must be able to participate and represent the team in change and incident management meetings.
- Experience with SDWAN – Silver Peak preferred.
- Experience with Next Gen Firewalls – Cisco Firepower preferred.
- Experience in troubleshooting routing loops.
- Troubleshoot asymmetric routing & STP loop issues.
- Implementation of operational changes & coordination with project team for project related changes.
- Configuring/troubleshooting Cisco ASA, IPS.
- Configuring/troubleshooting Cisco ISE.
- Configuring/troubleshooting wireless – Cisco WLC preferred.
- Configuring/troubleshooting routing protocols – EIGRP, OSPF, BGP.
- Configuring/troubleshooting LAN switching – VLAN, VTP, STP, EtherChannel.
- Configuring/troubleshooting quality of service.
- Configuring/troubleshooting TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Configuring/troubleshooting application protocols – HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, SSL etc.
- Configuring/troubleshooting network security – IPSec/SSL VPN/Cisco AnyConnect, AAA architecture, TACACS+, RADIUS, 802.1x.
- Cisco Catalyst & Nexus 9K/7K series of switches.
- Configuring/troubleshooting Cisco IOS, NX-OS software.
- Configuring/troubleshooting of application load balancers.
- Experience with firewall cloud services – Zscaler preferred.
- Working on all applications such as SAP, Citrix, Portal, etc.
- Analyzing the outputs of all the tools and making recommendations example: High CPU utilization on core device at data center.
- AWS, GCP, Azure Cloud experience is considered a plus.
- Candidate has excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Candidate can communicate with the customer and be able to present solutions to peers.
- CCNP Certification Required
- BA Degree / B.S. Degree