Case study: PUBLIC SECTOR
Salesforce Solution: How a Startup Incubator Integrated Disjointed Data Systems
Case Study at a Glance
Cintrifuse, a Cincinnati-based tech startup incubator
Cintrifuse was looking to improve its ability to help clients connect with mentors and capital. They needed an easy-to-use system with accurate data that staff could trust. Their good work had the potential to provide more impact by further streamlining their data and improving internal processes.
THE VERTEX SOLUTION
Vertex configured a custom application that captured key information and presented it logically, making reports simple to compile and data easy to share.
The new system provides a single source of truth for all clients and partners. Accurate data is in one place. Staff embraced it because it is easy to use. Best of all, more opportunities are being uncovered and pursued because smart decisions are now based upon actual data.
We Got IT: Cintrifuse Wanted to Better Leverage Data to Manage Connections, Track Fundraising, Generate Reports, and Share Success Stories.
Background and Problem
Cintrifuse, an organization in Cincinnati, Ohio that connects emerging tech startups to funding, capital and workspaces, needed a system to track its connections and partners. Email, event scheduling, onboarding and marketing systems had operated independently, and an opportunity existed to create a comprehensive source for all critical data.
Vertex Approach and Solution
Cintrifuse needed an easy-to-use system that captured critical information and presented it in a logical manner. Vertex set out to improve Cintrifuse’s ability to track and report metrics. Ultimately, the goal was to provide a system with maximum investment impact.
Vertex configured and customized Cintrifuse’s Salesforce system by:
- Establishing fields and page layouts to capture detailed information about startups in their ecosystems
- Setting up information fields for startups’ partners including enterprise entities, educators and venture capitalists
- Providing workflows, email alerts and notifications to digitize Cintrifuse’s key business processes including tracking fundraising, monitoring connections and reporting all phases of the startup lifecycle from incubation to exit
- Creating dashboards to report key metrics that measure the investment impact and fulfill regulatory reporting obligations for State of Ohio funding agencies
- Setting up Salesforce communities through which startups could get access to resources
- Integrating with a variety of third-party tools such as Eventbrite, Pitchbook, member onboarding forms and payment systems to ensure seamless flow of data into Salesforce
Results: Easy-to-use system, single source of truth, access to resources
The new system provides a single source of truth for all startups and partner agencies. It immediately saved Cintrifuse time and effort. Cintrifuse employees as well as its startups and related agencies have embraced the easy-to-use system. Hence, more connection opportunities are being uncovered. The automated system integrates a seamless flow of data among other systems (Pitchbook, Eventbrite, email, payment portals and others). Startups can easily access resources. Cintrifuse has saved considerable time producing compliance reports. And best of all, Cintrifuse’s trustworthy data can be used to share success stories.
- 360° view of all data
- Consistent tracking
- Simplified navigation
- All contacts are stored in one place
- Integration among systems (email, payment, marketing)
- High user adoption
- Tracked interactions of startups during all phases of their lifecycle
- Improved internal efficiencies in capturing and organizing data
- Accurate reports and dashboards
- Ability to track and understand fundraising options
- Easily report compliance metrics
- Enable storytelling with accurate data
- Reduce friction in gaining access to talent, capital, and mentorship
Vertex is a business and technology consulting ﬁrm that helps customers transform their business processes with leading edge technology. Learn more at
Inspire. Innovate. Implement.
We Got IT.
Vertex Computer Systems
25700 Science Park Drive #280 / Beachwood, Ohio 44122
Other Case Studies You Might Like
Case study: SHAREPOINT